Thursday, March 29, 2007

Whoo-freakin-hoo!

I just started blogging, and I'm tickled pink that the first comment ever comes from Dave Snowden, head of Cognitive Edge and all-around smart guy.

For an evolutionary psych geek like me, that's Christmas, New Years, Kwanzaa, etc. all at once. Thanks Dave, er, Mr. Snowden.

I can't brag too much though, since he was just giving me friendly advice on how to find wireless in Scottsdale, AZ. Still, it's a kick.

I still remember hearing Snowden in The Hague when he suggested that by keeping the degrees of separation in a group low, knowledge management will take care of itself. This turned me on in a big way to how distributed knowledge and responsibility can be really resilient and effective. That thinking comes up a lot for me in my job now as I try to wrangle the energy of online communities.

No comments: